Aug 20, 2009

Brown Sugar + Lemons

That's my secret for the best Lemonade, and maybe a handful of strawberries or raspberries! If you don't mind your lemonade having a tea-like color, lemonade and brown sugar is wonderful!



Directions:

Juice of 5-6 lemons, (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 pitcher half full with cold water

1. boil 1/2 cup water and brown sugar, stirring until sugar has melted and let cool

2. Add lemon juice and sugar syrup to the pitcher of cold water. Stir to combine

** You can add more or less, sugar and lemon juice depending on your personal taste. I always add extra sugar, because I like everything to be on the sweet side. Peter and Alaina like their lemonade to be a little sour. Life's a compromise!

Try adding in some extras like strawberries, sprigs of lavender from the garden, ice-tea or raspberries. The perfect drink for hot summer afternoons!!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

That sounds terrific! I must try :)

bethchien said...

it sounds yummy!

Cathy Pascual said...

i have a housewarming party on saturday and this sounds perfect!
thanks!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Tara!
Glad I found your blog! I'm not around as much at SiS anymore, and I love your work!

Danielle said...

YUMMY in the TUMMY!!! I definately need to try this :D

Rebecca Grinder said...

Thanks again, Tara, for let me feature your work on Outside The Box! - Becca

Kaytee said...

That sounds so yummy!!!! I will have to try it!